QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Our successful Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) candidate with Software Engineering Background will have duties such as:
- Automating everything related to the operation of sahibinden.com ecosystem
- Diagnosing threats to reliability and either fixing or alerting the related teams
- Working with Architecture and SysOps teams regarding sahibinden.com infrastructure architecture
Candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Experience developing high performance software where “performance” should be read as “low latency, high throughput, highly scalable, secure, resilient, …”.
- Hands on experience with designing, analyzing large-scale systems; diagnosing performance issues (or any similar issue affecting reliability) and using diagnostics tools.
- Systematic problem solver, strong communicator, has motivation and sense of ownership.
- Can read, debug and optimize other developers’ code. Can and will automate routine task.
- Can find her/his way around in a Linux server.
Ideally, our candidate should have the following as well:
- Experienced with Python and automating tasks, integrating with 3rd party APIs
- Or experience with similar scripting language and willing to switch to Python
- Some experience with or understanding of:
- Server hardware and Datacenter infrastructure
- Virtualization and Cloud platforms
- Storage systems
We are looking for a team member to be our new Site Reliability Engineer, who will say “Challenge accepted!” to the ever-growing complexities offered by a world wide top 500 website:
- 14 Gbps+ peak traffic
- 9,000,000,000+ monthly pageviews/screenviews
- 40,000,000+ monthly unique users
- 150,000+ simultaneous sessions
- Hundreds of physical and virtualized servers
- Terabytes of data, and 5 Tb+ new data stored daily
- 2,000,000+ lines of code
- Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, Hibernate, Java, Kafka, Linux, Memcached, MongoDB, MySQL, NetApp, Netscaler, Nginx, Python, Redis, SpringFramework, Varnish, Xen, …
- And constantly growing!!!